same time tomorrow, i'd be on my way to the airport for a brief trip to a place i've never been to before. needless to say, i'm excited -- very excited. being the (sporadically) OC person that i am, i had my schedule down pat:
- tuesday night: pack and prepare things for trip
- wednesday: go to bank, pay bills, fix everything else at work.
- wednesday night: bring luggage to friend's house
- thursday: finalize work stuff and think happy thoughts while surfing the net for some last minute plans
- thursday afternoon: leave office at five to be at meeting place by 5:45
- thursday evening: pretend like i fly out of manila every single day of my life.
not bad, right?
at 9:00 am, i received a text message: the hearing which was set last 10 September 2010 had finally been scheduled ... to tomorrow at 8:30 a.m.
a little before lunch, i received a call: an old/new client (old cause her mom was a client, new cause we've never been engaged by the daughter before) who needed something urgent -- can we meet today in the afternoon.
the meeting dragged on for two hours, with me talking and advising. then she said, wait, i'll think about it. so i wasn't really able to do anything but research some more to address her problem. after half an hour or so, she returned, okay, she'll take us.
translation: my schedule now looks like this:
- wednesday night: work
- thursday morning: hearing + more work
- thursday afternoon: meeting + more work
and i can only pray that EVERYTHING gets done by 5pm tomorrow so i can say sayonara to everyone, and see you on monday.
p.s. it's now quarter to six... i am a bazillion arguments away from finishing my pleading, and i have to go to the bank and do some more stuff. good luck to me.