Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Sunday, March 25, 2007
scared? very. nervous? beyond words. time feels like it's crawling at a snail's pace? yes, yes, yes.
1) went on a retreat
2) am looking for friends at friendsters for the first time in my entire life
3) painted my toenails black
4) bought a whole lot of junkfood from the grocery and gorged on them.
a huge part of me wants the results to come out ASAP because i want to know the answer now, but then there's also a part of me that's scared of finding out the answer.
fail once, chance. fail twice, my fault.
i can't fail twice.
i don't want to fail twice.
i don't know what i'll do if it happens a second time.
Friday, March 23, 2007
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
i've had so much to share, including this "hate post" intended for some people who it appears have been going here to gather chismis about my brother, but now i've forgotten most of what i was supposed to write and so i'm stuck with a blank page with nothing.
yes, absolutely nothing.
of course i can write about how i've finally (yes, finally) given up on pldt boy and how gsr boy and i are better friends now. i can write about the nasty rumors circulating around the court, but why immortalize that, right? i can write about finally seeing bo sanchez in person (why am i not in major crush with him like the rest of the catholic renewal community?) and finally attending the much-talked-about feast.
but somehow, i just don't have it in me.
the gag order my brother has imposed may have affected my writing skills. i must sue those evil people who have misused the information they've gathered from my blog. moral damages.
but since it's lent, i forgive you all. let's just say i'm fasting on angst.
so, i'll just channel happy thoughts and share that i have finally:
1) gone to market!market!
2) watched 300 (i want one spartan. the keanu look-alike --think keanu in bill and ted and you'll know who i'm talking about -- will do)
3) eaten at cupcakes by sonja. i had peppermint patty because a) it's peppermint and b) it's pink. if krispy kreme is heaven, then let's say that this is purgatory. almost there, but not quite. i wasn't disappointed but as far as i'm concerned, it was just ok.
before i end, can i say that i tried - tried being the operative word - to post a picture to go with this post but blogger refuses to cooperate. dang. maybe next time.
Monday, March 12, 2007
i love my brother. and surprisingly, i like his new gf. of course i don't want to tell him that. he has this thing of breaking up with a girl once he realizes we like the girl so i'm avoiding showing him how much i enjoyed spending time with his new girl. my brother just said i can't write about him or his girlfriends or his relationships EVER so this is me not writing about him. haha. it turns out some of his people read this blog (hi my brother's people!) and have told him how much i diss his girlfriends (hi flourshit! hi floucaril!) and he hates it (i am evil, i know) so this is the last you're ever going to read about him in this blog. (great big loss, sigh. as if.) evil rosa, signing off.
* there are people whose girth is more substantial than mine who would wear skimpy bathing suits. and so, my motto this weekend was "if they could do it, so could i." of course, i ended up being unable to walk up and down the strip wearing my bathing suit. at the end of the day, i'd just sit in my relatively isolated spot in the beach, read my book, and get some sun, then, once i have to move elsewhere, i'd put on my top to cover-up. so much for pride in how i look.
* avoid fernando's like crazy (their service is simply awful), try west havana restaurant (a bit pricey but the food is simply divine - but then again mababa ang standards ko, hahaha!) if only for their amazing service. anything owned by that fat chinese guy (the one who owns white beach hotel) is sure to give you amazing service.
* you must get a massage from the ladies if only to boost local economy. it's nothing to be happy with, but then again, i might have just gotten a bad deal.
* the best way to prevent the local people from making you kulit from snorkeling, riding the banana boat, or getting a massage is to tell them tapos na po!
* coco aroma is fun at night.
* if you don't want to look like a galera tourist: (1) don't get braids, (2) don't get a henna tattoo, and (3) don't wear galera clothes. or i'm just bitter cause i never got to do any of those.
* if you're not into people (like i am) and you want a better deal, you'd be better off at tamaraw beach resort than any of the places at white beach. for one, it's cheaper than any of the places at white beach and second, the rooms are waaaay prettier. of course, white beach is the happening place in galera but you can always cross from one side to the other if you don't mind braving the rocks. i know i'll be going there the next time i get a vacation.
*incidentally, galera is MORE expensive than i remember it to be. thank god money came last week, money which was wiped out by trip to galera. bummer.
Sunday, March 04, 2007
i knew it was my birthday (unlike all the other days where i'd be like, uhm, friday na ba and would realize it was just tuesday or something).
at first, i was mentally sulking. i thought no one had remembered cause i didn't hear any messages arriving on my phone but then it turned out that there was a number of them waiting for me, including one from the boy. needless to say, that was more than enough to make my day.
yes, i am shallow that way.
my birthday ended at 4:30 am. i was tired and sleepy but i still waited a bit before washing off my "xeng" face. it's not everyday you get a surprise as amazing as that.