Monday, July 19, 2010

dear frances, a miracle would be much appreciated right now. thanks.


When I was young and cocky, I didn't think much about skin care. Soap was almost always the the only cleaning agent of choice, and it didn't really matter to me what soap I was using even. As a matter of fact, one time, I actually believed my aunt that bathing using blue laundry soap (it was ajax i think) would do wonders for my skin.

When I was young and cocky, lotion was just something relatives brought home from the US when they couldn't think of anything else to give you. Moisturizer was a foreign concept and toners, well, toners were just eskinol with a sprinkling of dalacin-c (if i remember it correctly).

When I was young and cocky, I didn't mind putting lotion (yes, body lotion!) onto my face to make it softer. I didn't mind burning under the hot sun -- sunblock was too expensive and I knew that sooner or later, things would go back to normal.

When I was young and cocky, I thought soft supple skin would last forever.

And then this happened. I was burned, I was peeling irregularly, and I had an impending blind date with someone who's in the Philippines for just two weeks. I was desperate, and I tried almost everything.

It didn't come as a surprise that in spite of all my efforts, nothing much happened. All the facial moisturizers, sunblock, recovery creams, toners, and extra loving care couldn't undo the damage I had done to my skin simply because I neglected to apply and reapply sunblock that weekend. I wasn't young anymore, so I couldn't have afforded being cocky. So, I am sending a major shout out to the beauty gods to send some love my way. (please?) I want to try Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate because I am no longer young and cocky, and my skin could no longer afford the abuse being young and cocky brings..

You see, long after that trip to beach, people were still commenting on how dark I was (note, not tanned, but dark as in maitim -- to the tune of repeated chants of ang itim-itim mo!!!) It didn't matter that I regularly used a particular whitening product range, applied moisturizer with sunblock first before heading out of the house, and stayed out of the sun as much as I can. More than a month after getting back, my skin was still not over the torture it received. I'm afraid it'll never go back to its former glory -- I need a miracle, and judging on Frances's running diary on her experience with the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate, maybe it's just what I need to bring back that youthful glow I once enjoyed.

And don't think I want to do this so I can be fair again -- the only reason why I used whitening products (and so wrong I know) at that time was cause I (mistakenly) believed that it was the best way to get my old skin back.

Promise, I'll use only two drops a day. Promise, I'll sleep the requisite 7 hours. And super promise, I won't be cocky anymore with my skin.

But before I go on making a bazillion promises, I just I hope I win my very own bottle of Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate from Beauty For A Living!


*image from kiehls.com

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails