Wednesday, December 27, 2006

so i swore to myself that i'll never be swayed by the donut craze. i mean, after all, i didn't understand what all the hype was over gonuts donuts when it first came out.

and come on, i never really liked donuts in the first place. it's not like we're talking about fruitcake or dark chocolate with mint or something here. it's just a donut. it's something that american policemen eat while they're on duty.

and scratch the fact that i've been channelling sex and the city for most of my adult life and the fact that one episode of satc specifically talks about how miranda struggled with donuts together with this hot person.

i keep telling myself it's just a donut and i will never fall in line to buy donuts.

so when i finally fell in line at krispy kreme, i told myself, you're doing this for your favorite aunt. she had missed out on krispy kremes while she was in the US and was deathly curious about how they tasted like. i also told myself, okay, you love your cousins and they really love donuts.

so we braved the snaking line at sm megamall and ordered a dozen of their original glazed. and while we were in line, they gave each of us a whole donut each. i resisted biting into mine until we had cleared the line and paid for our donuts.

and when i bit into that piece of heaven, i knew i had to eat not only my donut but my words.

screw dieting, screw pride, screw shelling out 265 bucks for a dozen donuts that aren't even in my favorite flavor (which happens to be chocolate). i must buy my own dozen. soon.
update! someone promised to get me a dozen donuts this weekend. YIPEE!

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails