Tuesday, September 09, 2003

when you're down and out

had a really nasty cold yesterday, one that was threatening to turn into a full-blown fever any time soon. i had a three-hour class and a take-home exam to complete before i could sleep. at the very least i was panicky. i was hungry, tired, and all i wanted to do was to crawl into bed and die a little.

enter the martian, with a two-piece kfc chicken meal with coleslaw and mountain dew, my favorite cake from gayuma, five gallons of water, and a huge box of tissue. he waited for me in the parking lot, handed me bag after bag of stuff he had bought for me, and waved off my immense gratitude.

"you know i'll always be here for you. and i am."

yeah, he is. always.

he was there after i had my ovary removed and needed someone to tell me that i was still every bit the woman i was when i had two.

he was there when i had my first accident and couldn't tell my brother about the smashed side view mirror.

he was there when i had the major accident and was shaking from the shock and the fear of what my mom could do to me.

he was even there when i needed a parlor two hours before my best friend's wedding and i had stupidly forgotten to make an appointment for hair and make-up.

-oOo-


apparently a lot of women have been lining up to take my place with the martian though.

when i was at the mall with him last sunday, message after message arrived.

one was from this girl who claimed she was pretty.

another was from a girl he just met and seemed VERY interested in him.

i bet there were others but he put his phone on silent mode and refused to show it to me any longer.

his eyes twinkled and he had a different glow altogether. he said he was happy and that he was meeting people. and more than one's interested. and he's interested too.

darn.

-oOo-


i bet this is one of the major reasons why you shouldn't be friends with your ex.

cause you have to deal with him meeting other people.

and you have to deal with him liking other people.

and you have to deal with the thought that sooner or later his attention will be transferred to another girl who will take your place. and unlike you, she'd probably appreciate every single thing he does. unlike you, she'd probably love him and take care of him and make sure that he's happy every single day of his life.

while you, you evil ex-girlfriend who threw away the only good relationship you have ever had in your entire life, will be miserable and sad and single for the longest time.

well, maybe not. but still.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails