Monday, September 15, 2003

apparently whatever virus i caught is more into commitment than the last person i dated. a week into our relationship, i told the virus politely last saturday that i had given it all of me last friday and that i don't think it was working out between us, especially since i had a packed day ahead of me. although it sent a few chest-heaving coughs my way, it slowly slipped out of my life and when i woke up sunday, i thought i had seen the last of it.

maybe i rejoiced too early. when i woke up this morning, virus was back, asking for a round two. i acquiesed, thinking maybe if i stayed in bed thirty minutes longer, it would be appeased. nope. it kept me in bed longer than necessary, almost making me late for work in the process. the entire morning, it kept reminding me it was there by forcing me to cough at the most awkward moments (think standing in a buffet line with a new year's day cough).

i'm giving it another day. like a loser boyfriend, i'm definitely sure that i have no place in my life for this virus. still, i am in no mood to make another trip to the doctor, especially when all the do is really ask you questions about your health in general and don't really tell you anything useful except "it's a viral infection" when you ask them what's wrong with you. maybe i will though, when i start coughing out ... hmmm... parts of my lung maybe?

eww. i know. too much information.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails