Saturday, July 09, 2011

god's sense of humor

i know my God to be a loving father. after all, everything i enjoy know happens to be the fruit of His generosity.

i know my God to be a forgiving master. i have committed my favorite sins over and over again and yet in His warm embrace i find redemption.

i know my God to be a personal Lord. He knows me inside and out, He knows my weaknesses and my strengths, and He has never failed to speak to me in a language I understand.

my God is a myriad of wonderful things, and today, He showed me that He has a wonderful sense of humor. as i was reading the prescribed scripture reading for today, i couldn't help but laugh at something i read in Proverbs 25: "If you find honey, eat just enough - too much of it, and you will vomit. Seldom set foot in your neighbor's house - too much of you and he will hate you." "Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife."

and, if the first time Solomon uttered the proverb wasn't enough, a couple of verses down, it's repeated: "It is not good to eat too much honey"

yes Lord, babawasan na po ang honey.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails