Monday, April 17, 2006

since i learned that i didn't pass the 2005 bar, my coping mechanism has consisted of two things: (1) burying myself under my kick-ass schedule for the 2006 bar; and (2)burying myself under a whole lot of work. so far, it has worked, especially when i've tried to limit my contact with the outside world with random trips to the mall and a few select group of people who i know will force me to study each and every millisecond of my free time. after two weeks of studying political law in between writing resolution after resolution, i felt my ego was finally intact to venture into the real world.

what i didn't figure out was that the 150 kilometer trip to nueva ecija would be punctuated by banner after banner of congratulatory messages for the blessed individuals who passed the 2005. with each banner fluttering in the wind, i felt more and more of a failure. by the time i reached my aunt's doorstep, i was ready to promise myself that when i pass the 2006 bar, i am going to buy myself the biggest, boldest, brightest, and most boudacious banner my savings can buy and plaster it along the NLEX.

well, then again, maybe not. but you get the idea.

incidentally, it's post easter and i've survived the 40-day lenten season without succumbing to the lure of buying footwear for myself. that included countless of mall sales, including one where they were selling this pair of hot pink ballet flats that i've wanted for more than a year for P299 and in my size!!! tomorrow, i'll finally head out to the mall and check out if they still have that lovely, but quite saucy, heels from chinese laundry. and if they do, then i guess i'll just have to find more room in my already "full to the brim" shoe cabinet for yet another pair.

and if they don't, well, there's always fino and my bag addiction that i can feed.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails