Tuesday, January 04, 2005

being the shoe monster that i am, no one really needed to explain footwear to me. i take to footwear like a duck to water.

i understood sandals meant having your toenails done on a weekly basis. i know that the for happy feet to fit you best you've to get at least a size bigger so your toes and ankle don't stick out. i know that janylin stilettos are nine west knock-offs. i've created wish lists on-line to direct my dad what footwear to buy. i've bought shoes on a whim and i've bought shoes after contemplating on them for days. i've bought shoes i may never even get to wear simply because they're lovely such as lace-up olive green ballet flats and blue & white wingtips.

which leaves me at a loss as to why i do not understand havaianas.

oh, i've read all the stories - that they're like walking on pillows, that they're what everyone wears in boracay, and that they're my favorite blogger's footwear of choice. i checked the website, hoping to stir in me some excitement over them. i've even convinced other people to buy havaianas.

but when i opened one of my presents and discovered what should've been a beautiful pair of white havaianas, all i could see were glorified spartans.

maybe i'd appreciate them more one of these days. maybe after a day of gallivanting in my new love (a lovely pair of kate spade stilettos) i'd relish sinking my tired feet into my white havaianas. maybe when i finally make it to boracay i'd feel so cool knowing that mine were lovingly ordered by my sweetie from his dad so he can be sure i get authentic ones. maybe i'll grow to love them as much as i love my happy feet.

or maybe you guys can explain them to me.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails