Saturday, January 21, 2006

touch therapy

after being single for almost a year now and after having decided to eschew all non-relative/non-friend male presence in my life until i finally pass the bar, i have had zero physical contact with a man since the pilot and i broke up.

no one to hold hands with, no one to walk arm in arm with, no one who'd sling his arms over me, no one to hug, and definitely no one to kiss. once in a while i'd miss it, being the touchy person that i am, but given the fact that over the past year i've reconnected with family and friends, i've felt the love in so many other ways.

until i spent an entire afternoon in close proximity with a male. and it didn't hurt that he was handsome and smelled really nice, not to mention graceful. (and oh, didn't have difficulty carrying me!)

of course he'd count "one, two, TREE, four..." but then after having coffee with a guy who refers to kamiseta's model as "natalie FOREMAN" i was pretty forgiving.

very forgiving. forgiving to the point that i may be smitten with my dance instructor.

no wonder brad and angelina fell for each other. there i was, <----this----> far away from a living, breathing, sexiful human being for four hours and visions of a future with pretty-as-a-button kids were crossing my mind already.

of course, my "relationship" with my DI will end this coming friday and since i have no plans of getting into the habit of spending my nights with middle-aged men and women in their dancing shoes, i guess the miss CA will all that will be between my DI and myself.

but while i was in his arms and when all that my sipunin self can breathe in was the intoxicating scent of his perfume, i understood exactly what bored housewives who gave up their families for their dance instructors must have felt. being in the arms of a good looking man for hours on end, especially if he makes you feel lovely and tells you you can be sexy even with sweat dripping down your brows from all the effort from dancing, is in itself one of the best therapies for the maddening feeling of loneliness.

advertisement:
just in case you do like dancing (or just plain curious about my DI), his name is ramil alino and he's in bykes cafe (along pasong tamo) on M-W-F and his number is 0917 2516644. he's pretty good at what he does although i think my two left feet and inability to do a dance as simple as the foxtrot with grace has challenged him beyond words.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails