Saturday, January 07, 2006

sitting here in my old office, the office where i learned to blog, made most of my templates, and enjoyed countless of hours of internet fun, i begin to think if it was worth giving it all up.

here i had my own cubicle, tissue paper in the bathroom (not to mention piped in music), unlimited internet (except you instant messaging), and aircon that can make you forget that the philippines is a tropical country. i also had reserved parking, a telephone at my desk, and was surrounded by people concerned not only about my love life but where my soul will spend eternity. this was where i was rescued after my shitty first job, where i almost earned a master's degree (damned thesis), where i met, fell in and out of love with someone special in my past, where i studied and wrote papers for law school. six and a half years of my life, and six months after i quit, here i am, using their internet access while waiting for a friend.

a former boss, after learning that i'm now with the court of appeals, couldn't contain her shock over the news that i am now a government employee. from the way she reacted, it seemed like i told her i had joined a cult or something.

but then it also got me thinking, do i have it better now than before? jdf plus amazing working hours plus a cool boss plus new friends plus law-related tasks plus the freedom to wear anything so long as its decent?

most definitely.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails