Sunday, August 28, 2005

there's more than just a little imelda in me

... and with two new pairs added to the pile of shoes lining our hallway, i know at the back of my mind why god had ordained it that my parents are ordinary employees instead of being public servants.

still, lest you believe that i'm just all about shoes, and nothing more, i decided to actually do the survey pam tagged me with.

what are things you enjoy doing even when there's no one around you?
laughing out loud over something funny on the television. pretend to be a cooking show host and talk to myself while preparing lunch or dinner. walk around the house in a new pair of shoes.

what lowers your stress/blood pressure/anxiety level?
surprise bouquets of flowers. blogging. sleeping. baking. shopping. driving like a madwoman with no care in the world whether i arrive at my destination or heaven at the end of it all.

7 things that scare you.
failing the bar.
growing old alone.
losing my family.
losing spike.
finding out i can't have kids.
waking up and realizing i'm actually stupid.
frogs and rodents.

7 things you like the most.
shoes in all shape and sizes EXCEPT platform shoes.
hand-me-downs from my aunt.
snail mail meant especially for me.
bouquets of pink gerberas.
pens and papers.
holding hands, hugging, and kissing a special someone for the very first time.
lovely text messages when you expect them the least.

7 important things in your bedroom.
my books - both for law and for entertainment.
a ginormous hello kitty that reminds me of the better days.
shoes, bags, and clothes (in that particular order!)
my laptop.
my bed (and the many memories that go with it!).
my aunt's omega constellation. it's on loan but i've claimed it for life.
this tiny chest made of hard paper which contains a slip of paper with alvin patrimonio's signature, the plane ticket to the singapore trip i earned from my aunt and other important memorabilia.

7 random facts about you.
i have shoes whose sizes range from 7 to 9. either the sizing in the philippines is really bad or i was that desperate to get a shoe i really wanted.
one eye is 250, the other is 450. it comes from reading on one side according to the optometrist.
i wear my watch on the right even if i'm right handed.
the best way to determine if i've slept well or not is if i've drooled on my pillow.
long before there was csi, i had to content myself with medical detectives and crime night on discovery channel.
i learned how to write in script way before i could write in print, thanks to the authentic montessori school i went to.
my first boyfriend became my boyfriend on account of stupidity. i didn't think saying "i love you" back meant that i'd have to be his girlfriend after that. moreover, i didn't even love him back. it just seemed like the right thing to say when someone tells you i love you. to this day i blame sweet dreams.

7 things you plan to do before you die.
go to europe.
wear a two-piece string bikini with no shame.
walk down the aisle of san agustin church in the arm of my dad, wearing edgar allan and jimmy choo shoes, towards the man i will spend forever with.
pay off my car, buy a house, and acquire real furniture.
learn how to cook adobo and sinigang.
appear in court not as law intern rosa but as atty. rosa.
ensure my immortality by either writing a book, having kids, or planting a tree.

7 things you can do.
backfloat. (not swim, mind you, but float only).
race my car against male drivers along the streets of metro manila, and win.
love unconditionally.
stay in bed all day with a book, so long as it's not for school.
wrap presents beautifully.
plan outfits (mine and others) in my head without having to check the closet.
be the first to say sorry.

7 things you can't do.
swim.
drive slowly.
keep my mouth shut.
resist shoe shopping.
fall in love with someone who doesn't fit the checklist. (believe me, i tried).
study non-stop for more than an hour.
believe someone can remain committed after he's asked for space. a separation, no matter what you call it, is still a separation. period.

7 things that attract you to the opposite sex.
good teeth.
amazing conversation.
stability.
the way he makes me feel when we're together.
education.
the way he carries himself, no matter how he good or bad he actually looks.
whether or not i can imagine myself waking up next to him for the rest of my natural life.

7 things you say the most.
"yeah yeah"
"puta"
"what the f?"
"wait lang"
"don't know, don't care"
"miss, magkano?"
"do you have this in 7 or 8?"

7 celeb crushes.
johnny depp
bernard palanca
wendell ramos
dave navarro
brett michaels (lead singer of poison. so glam rock, but so hott.)
orlando bloom, but only as legolas.
aubrey miles <-- hindi ako tibo, but promise, crush ko talaga.

7 people that you want to take this quiz.
anna.
gary.
ara.
nikki.
psychicpants. <-- because i miss reading you, and because you've always amazed me with your wit. promise.
uh <-- i know you don't take quizzes but i'm amazed by you, so there.
calvin.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails