Saturday, August 20, 2005


i can't believe my ipod mini is slowly dying on me.

one day it was fine, it was bubbly. it spewed out songs like there was no tomorrow.

and then one day, i charge it, then play it for a bit, and with the battery at the 3/4 full mark, it gave me the message that i gotta plug it to a power source. it flickered, giving me a couple more seconds of music then i flashed, what to me, is the equivalent of the dirty finger.

i saw the apple with a bite.

being the obedient girl i was, i charged it. i didn't even cheat and listen to music while charging it, nor did it satisfy myself with an 80% fast charge. i left it plugged on until the battery icon stopped scrolling.

happy, i put it in my bag, drove to school, and sat down ready for a couple of hours of unadulterated happy listening while pretending to read corpo law. i got through around 40 pages of corpo.

however, i didn't get through 40 songs.

the ipod mini that promised me 18 hours of happy beautiful lovely music sputtered and died after two hours. that's two hours people. two short hours. and that meant for the next couple of hours i had to listen to people sputtering, wheezing, and memorizing under their breaths.

and i had to see others happily listening to their own ipod minis.

i went home. with a frustration level that high, no amount of your crush's presence, phone boy's messages, and "pity" looks from your friends can make a difference.

a couple of theories have come to mind.

do i suck out energy from my ipod in order to get through corpo?

did it protest over being named buffy?

does it hate me for thinking of loading it up with britney songs?

did it feel neglected since i haven't been studying recently and it had, therefore, sat in my bag, unattended, for a while now?

or did it get mad that i haven't plugged it into i trip lately and have, instead, been listening to star fm. (i'm tacky i know! but admittedly they do have the best karaoke songs at night!!!)

theory or no theory, i know that i have one week of studying plus four pre-week reviews to plow through. i've still got a lot of reading down, and without my certified tacky songlist blaring through my ears, i don't know how i'll get through the stress that bar brings.

and so, buffy, i'm making a deal with you.

i can rename you. i can take out the songs you hate. i will even study first thing in the morning to the last minute at night. i'll take you to bed like i used to and listen to you in the car instead of, well, singing with star fm's tacky songs. i'll even - and this is a biggie - really study while listening to you in the lib.

and i promise. no more forwarding through songs, no more abusing you and your niceness by just stuffing you in my bag.

just do not die on me. i am so not ready for another break-up right now.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails