Sunday, February 19, 2006

while i was too busy rejoicing over the fact that my reproductive system is normal (for now) i had forgotten to blog about something big that happened week.

my pre-Ben laptop died in its sleep.

i kept it in its usual place when i went home friday but when i tried turning it on monday, no amount of button pushing, power cord jiggling, and cursing could wake it up. i tried every single outlet in the office, left it plugged on (just in case it needed some "juice" cause the weekend left it parched), attached and unattached the battery, and called the MIS department of the Court all to no avail. the laptop that's seen me through my masteral thesis, my law paper, countless hours of "the sims" fun, and the early days of blogging has decided to turn itself into a huge hunk of paperweight.

goodbye my dear compaq armada. my dad gave you to me to celebrate the fact that i made it to UP LAW. i don't know if you're jealous of ben or if you simply decided that the time has come for you to go. but i will try to find a way to bring you back to life, ok? (after all, you're holding one almost finished decision hostage and i am not about to rewrite a crazy case simply because you won't give it up.)

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails