Monday, February 13, 2006

dear w,

i know you've complained in the past that i never write about you (while i write about unworthy topics such as exes calling when they should not) and i know i've started so many posts about you so many times in the past but never got around to pressing "publish" for a million and one reasons.

so here's one for you. especially since it will almost be a year since i called you crying (you know how anniversaries are such a biggie for me). a year since you blew me away with that accent that for some weird reason goes away when you feel like chiding me whenever i saw "paota".

there are a million things about you that makes you one of my dearest friends in the whole wide universe, but let's begin with ten: (1) your corned beef (2) you giving up sugar free peppermint and taking vanilla instead (3) food that miraculously appears (4) long conversations that mean everything and nothing (5) putting up with my singing (6) knowing what to say and when to say it (7)chocolate donuts (8) teaching me the wonders of benadryl (9) your confidence in me and my abilities and (10) chance meetings.

but you know what's the best of the million? you always giving me another chance.

you're my big brother, my best friend, and when i feel most alone, my family.

you've complained how each and every insignificant person in my life has gotten at least one post in this blog's lifetime, while i basically ignore your presence in my life. know in your heart, my dear bud, that not one of them compares to you and the love and friendship you've given me without question.

something about today has made me realize that life's too short to spend fighting, asking questions, doubting, and hating.

so, none of that, no more, from now until forever.

much love,
rox

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails