Saturday, July 23, 2005

Sometimes, the laziest of days begin with the best of intentions. When I left the bar review yesterday at 6, leaving Ateneo without passing by the library for the first time in a week, I knew that all I needed was a Friday free from the usual I-will-force-myself-to-study routine and all will be well.

But then, who knew how powerful Harry Potter 6 could be? While I didn’t feel pressured to read the book pdf file after it was emailed to me last Thursday, yesterday, the thought of reading Harry Potter while eating my Sour Cream and Onion Pringles seemed really good. Add to that the fact that it was drizzling and the thought of reading yet another page of tax was making me hurl and my night seemed all planned out.

I read and read until I was too tired and the words began floating in front of my eyes. Good job, I told myself. A hundred pages of Harry Potter should be enough to keep the addiction at bay. Tomorrow, I told myself, I’d see myself in the library at 9 and will be staying until it closes at 7. I’ll also attend the lectures in Poli (in spite of the sleeping bouts in between discussions) and Criminal Procedure. I’d be a good girl. With five weeks to go, the pressure was definitely on.

But I never thought that cold weather plus a tummy that seemed to wanted me to stay at home unless I wanted to embarrass myself kept me firmly stuck in the soft confines of my bed. In between trips to the bathroom (I blame the leftover fish crackers I ate in the car out of sheer desperation) and reading page after page of Harry, I had managed to skip an entire day of studying.

So, in less than 24 hours, I was able to plow through 476 pages of Harry, and some 20 pages of criminal procedure. I’ve got 4 ½ hours left of today. Maybe, just maybe, the guilt of reading fiction instead of my review books will keep me reading.

p.s.
consumer alert!
if by some reason you decide to buy the SM bonus cooked ham, don’t.
if you like mint and crème oreos but have always found them expensive, it’s buy one take one right now at SM Sucat.
F&T frozen siopao is good.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails