Friday, June 17, 2005

i must start this off with an apology. if you're my friend and i've asked you more than once the question "why do you think pat calls once a week to make small talk?" then i'm sorry. i know i can be a tad very makulit when it comes to my relationship issues.

but, because of what came in the mail yesterday, thanks to mIna, you my friend have been spared of a whole lot of late night conversations that revolve around the single topic of pat's ten-minute phone calls.

i now know why he calls. because he misses me.

now, you might say, "well i could have told you that, you didn't need a book to tell you that!" and i agree with you BUT what you weren't able to tell me was the fact that while he misses me, THE THING THAT MATTERS IS THAT HE STILL DOESN'T WANT TO GET BACK TOGETHER WITH ME. of course he misses me, he broke up with me. and of course he'd call me regularly, after all, he's been doing it for a year and we've been basically each other's best friend while we were dating. but that's all he's doing and frankly, in my still lovelorn state, it's not enough.

meanwhile, while he's getting his act together, i will go on that date with my insurance guy, enjoy dinner with the one person who appears to be absolutely fascinated with me right now, and rest in the knowledge that my new friends at he's just not that into you have affirmed all throughout their little book - that yes, i am a hot little thing and that there's someone out there who will want this hot little think for life.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails