Tuesday, January 06, 2004

i think i should start wearing a hat now.

i ventured out today with my hair down, as opposed to putting it up every single day since the tragic haircut. i went through great lengths to make sure it looks halfway decent today.

first, i washed and conditioned it last night. i lovingly air-dried it, brushed it, and repeated the lines, "don't move too much in your sleep!" until i dozed off. second, i put in a lot of gunk on it this morning to ensure it stays put, it stays shiny, and its stays, period. third, i whipped out the straightening iron, my old friend, and made sure that the part doesn't become a zigzag at 8 am.

i even drove with my head NOT resting on the headrest.

all these, to no avail.

i've been here since 7 and the two people who passed by my desk both averted their eyes when they said "good morning."

i bet they were thinking, "poor girl, i doubt if her morning was good."

still, the eternal optimist in me is hoping for some miracle. i will brush it in a while and hope that the third person who comes in will notice that i woke up extra early today and made an effort to look, well, human.

otherwise, i've got my clips and rubber bands ready for another day with my hair up.

it's going to be a long three or so months.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails