Monday, January 05, 2004

bad parlor karma for the entire year

since i had a birthday party to end the year with and jay's family's annual new year's day party to start the new year with, i squeezed into my sleeping schedule some quality parlor time.

the fact that they made me wait should've been an indication. in spite of my brother's instructions to pay the phone bill and buy new year's eve food, and my overwhelming desire to buy a pair of nice sandals, i had my butt firmly planted in the parlor by 11 a.m. now, i've had anything done by this particular branch, but the service at their podium branch (and other branches for that matter) was satisfactory that i had no qualms entrusting myself into their hands. and since the owner was there and she looked quite chic to me, i figured i had nothing to lose.

wrong.

for one, the girl doing the eyebrow threading took forever. as in one hour forever. as in will-you-just-shave-it-if-you-can't-do-it-cause-it's-really-painful-now.

did that stop me from having my hair cut by them? no.

and i came out from that parlor with the ugliest head of hair i've ever sported since i mistakenly believed that i'll look good with kc concepcion short hair. it was so awful that i couldn't go back and have them fix it -- they might hack it all off! it was so awful that on new year's eve i stood in front of the bathroom mirror and started cutting my own hair.

yes, i cut my own hair.

and wonder of wonders, i think i did a pretty good job at it.

now i look halfway human.

-oOo-


cleaning up

after a particularly nasty fight that got started from several text messages and what have you, jay suggested that maybe, just maybe, my foul temper had something to do with the fact that everything i own is one big mess.

my car's a mess.
my office desk is a mess.
my dorm room is a mess.
my room at home is a mess.

people have made me a project. jay cleaned my car once and a student cleaned my desk once.

and so, with the hope of starting the year right (and an excuse to stay glued to the television watching the axn 24-hour marathon of 24) i cleaned out my room.

threw away stuff was more like it.

i threw away old cases. if i didn't read it while i had to read it, it is highly unlikely that i will read them again.
i threw away gifts from old boyfriends. if i didn't stick with the giver, why stick with the gift?
i threw away clothes, and bags, and shoes. actually, i left them outside the house and they miraculously disappeared.
everything that didn't really matter, or stuff i can easily buy again, or things i didn't even know i had to begin with all found their way to the trash bin.

i then changed my sheets, lit some candles i had been saving (saving for what? exactly. that's why i lit them all), and settled down in bed for the last two episodes of 24.

now if only i could do that with my dorm room.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails