Monday, January 12, 2004

all i needed was a weekend away from it all

i've got several deadlines that have, well, expired on me already.

forget my little lists with checkboxes beside them.
forget my calendar which i haven't replaced yet.
forget everything but the idea that i needed a weekend with good friends to clear my mind of the debris that should've gone away with 2003.

i fixed everything i had to do friday evening by sleeping at one in the morning. by 730 saturday morning, we were off to our grand adventure. we all met up at a friend's house, way huge bags for an overnight trip in tow, and after a short trip to robinson's starmills (it's not a typo, it really IS mills, and not malls), we were on our mini-vacation right smack in the middle of deadline week.

i taught someone to backfloat, i won on the slot machines, i ate sisig two days in a row, i learned how to jetski, and bonded with my newest set of friends.

it's all good now. after the entire weekend was done and over with, i got a pretty long talking to by jay who said everything i needed to hear, plus everything i didn't.

my mind's clearer now. my 2004 is finally ready to get started.

due to my pathetic camera-to-pc uploading skills, pictures to follow. hey, i got tons of them, including of a fedex plane landing and monkeys on the street, thanks to my lovely, lovely digital cam.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails