Tuesday, August 12, 2003

aaack!



let's put it this way -- i'm kuripot with food. i do know what i don't mind shelling out my last hundred for though: a bottle of gourmet tuyo (eek, nemo!) or a can of ketchup fries or bee chen hiang's dried minced pork. what i do mind is spending a whole lot of money when all i want to do is to kill that hunger brewing in my tummy. and so i eat caf food, lots of caf food. never mind that there are at least ten good places to eat in across school, or that i can have my fill of oysters and tuna sisig any time i want. unless it's for a cool pair of shoes or a nice bag, my money and i aren't going to part ways any time soon.

so when our school hired them to handle our cafeteria, i hauled my ass over two buildings down where food was cheaper and sisig is part of the menu at least once a week. no way am i going to pay fifty bucks for sinigang that leaves me hungry two hours later. no way am i going to shell out twenty bucks for a can of sprite. and no way am i going to eat a fruit plate that has clearly spent its weekend in the ref.

so imagine my surprise when my favorite dean (or one of his minions) chose them to be the school's caterer. it is UP for goodness' sake. food is supposed to be cheap. food is supposed to be good. food is supposed to be .... well, food is supposed to be not the same food they serve in our caf!!!!

goodbye, college of law caf. we had a wonderful relationship for the first three years of law. maybe it is time i renew my bond with rodic's.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails