Sunday, December 18, 2005

i love my job, no doubt about it. i love the non-crazy hours, the decent pay, the cool boss, the funky officemates, and most especially what i actually do to get paid. my job description's filled with easy things to do, and even if i end up doing the same tasks as a full-fledged lawyer, i've no qualms. i found my dream job and i plan to stay for as long as i can.

until my boss exercised that part of my contract which says, "and those other things which may be assigned by your direct superior from time to time." because sometime between after she sttended a meeting for the 70th anniversary of the court of appeals and when she sat down beside me during the christmas lunch which she sponsored for her staff, she got the idea of choosing me, yes me, to be our office's representative for ms. court of appeals.

now, anyone who has seen me in real life would probably say, no effing way, especially after i gained all that weight and after my skin started breaking out, and after i started depending on regular trips to the parlor for hair color due to my prematurely graying hair and after, well, after they recall that i am just 5'2 1/2" tall. but when my boss gets an idea into her head, it's there, and being barely two months into my job, i am not about to defy office orders, am i.

so i am going to have to enroll in a gym to lose about 30 pounds. and i am going to have to make a date with gilbert the stylist for some hair treatments. the body scrub and massage i have been putting off must be scheduled immediately. and those lovely brownies sold by this lovely gay man at work? well, they must be ignored.

goodbye rice.
goodbye bacon.
goodbye lovely buffet breakfast meals at hacienda.

i'm a woman with a mission. and if winning this damn beauty contest will mean currying favor with my boss who has what it takes to make it all the way to the supreme court, then by golly, this will take every single bit of energy i've got.

-oO0-


at least i already got my starbucks planner.

yup, the girl who has never finished a starbucks promo in her entire life and who was always just simply roped into helping others complete their promo cards finally completed an entire card... with a month more to go.

it took a while and there were instances when i was ready to throw in the towel. but apparently, all it takes is one trip to starbucks with your grandmother, uncle, aunt, good friend and driver in tow to finally complete a damn promo card.

-oOo-


oh, btw, calling on vanessa.

i am not an orphan this coming christmas. i have been adopted :)

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails