Saturday, December 03, 2005

i am slowly morphing into your typical government employee.

i still wake up every day at 6 am but i hardly get out of bed until a little after 7. and when i finally make it out of bed, shower, dress up, and put my face on (see, UH! it's now part of the routine!!), it's almost 8. and given that the waiting time for an fx is horrendous, and that on wednesdays the traffic is just so goddarn awful, i barely have ten minutes to settle down before my boss arrives and assess who's there and who's not.

sometimes, i'm one of those who's not yet there. tragic, i know.

when i get there, having expended all my energy flagging down fx after fx and walking in heels from the corner of kalaw to my third floor office, i am often hungry, a bit tired, and would want nothing more than to scarf down bag after tiny bag of my happy barbecue peanuts and a cold can of diet sarsi.

which, more often than not, i do.

all too soon it's lunch time, then before we know it it's time to go home, and the office is silent, and i am left with the option of locking up and going home or staying and finally morph back into the same workaholic girl i was when i first came in.

and when i do, i give myself a tiny pat on the back, and thank that somehow, there's still a big part of me that tells me there's hope yet.

because who knows? when i finally turn into a full-fledged government employee, i'd be one of those people who commute in their good shoes while wearing scruffy slippers the entire day.

... with rollers in their hair.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails