Friday, November 18, 2005

today's a really good day to die

remember the line? four medical students who perform an experiment to figure out what happens when you die. right before one of the characters subjected himself to the experiment, he takes a glance around the room and says it, as if confirming that should he die that day, he'd be ok.

today, i had one of those days:

good morning chat with nothing but happy thoughts ... fun and almost traffic-free drive to work ... breakfast buffet with my wednesday buddy at hacienda ... decorating our office with an 8-ft tree and lovely trimmings ... bonding with my boss over oatmeal cookies ... lovely lunch where we stuffed outselves silly with food from dencio's ... impromptu shopping trip where i was able to convince my otherwise non-kikay officemate to buy not one, not two, but three new pairs of shoes (all she had planned on buying was a new pair of shoes for a wedding) ... buying my nth pair of white ballet flats (you can never have too many shoes!) ... almost finishing drafting my decision, and not caring that i actually wasn't able to finish it ... finally opening a passbook savings account (YAY! i'm beginning to save money again!) ... peppermint mocha frappuccino ... supreme boy vs. star boy ... lovely car trip with officemates on our way to my boss' house ... dinner party for mayor: sugpo, lasagna, lechon, lechon baka, lengua, blue marlin, lumpia, california maki (i ate as much as my pants would allow me!) ... chatting with one of my favorite ex-students (who happens to be the daughter of my boss) ... having quality out-of-the-office time with my officemates (and loving it!) ... easy drive back to my aunt's house ... free dsl internet access at aunt's house.

don't you agree? today's a good day to die.

btw: it's my best friend's birthday today!

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails