Wednesday, November 16, 2005

and would you like to get my number too?

i really should learn how to flirt.

for the first time in my life, i spotted a really cute, really charming, and really amazing barrista. and for the first time in my life too, it seemed that amazing barrista thought i was really cute, really charming, and really amazing too.

unfortunately though, our conversation was limited to the usual conversation that one has with her barrista:

ME: peppermint hot chocolate please.
HIM: would you like that in grande?
ME: no.
HIM: venti?
ME: (squints nose) you must be kidding. just tall.
HIM: can i get your name please?
ME: rosa
HIM: would you like something to eat rosa?
ME: no thanks.
HIM: that'll be a hundred bucks.
ME: ok. wait, i have a card.

now this is where we get a bit chatty and he flashes me a gorgeous smile and i flash what i believe to be a gorgeous smile back and we both smile goofily and i wait for my hot chocolate and he asks for my receipt so he can punch it and we smile goofily again. all too soon, i gotta go take a seat (as i can obviously not stand in front of the counter the entire evening) and i was reduced to stealing glances over to where he was. i wasn't alone though as he grabbed a rag and cleaned our table (which wasn't dirty, and something that my friend and i thought was cute cause, well, barrista's almost always never clean tables, and they never clean tables at all especially when there are ten million other free tables around) and we all smiled at each other goofily again.

did i like him? well i found him cute beyond words. did he like me? i'll never know. but, who knows? i still have to get 19 more stickers on my card before i get the starbucks planner. maybe, just maybe, next time he asks for my name, i'll have the panache to say, "rosa, and would you like to get my number too?"

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails