Thursday, November 03, 2005

i can't believe he did that.

and so, while i love my aunt beyond words, and while i've tried desperately to understand why she loves him in spite of how "nothing" he is, what he did yesterday, once my aunt's back was turned, is nothing short of unforgivable.

"you're being vindictive," a friend told me when i told him i had planned on telling my dad, my uncles and aunts, and my grandmother about what he's done. see, when he did it, i, probably the only supporter (and half-heartedly at that) he had in the family, finally threw in the towel and gave up on him.

pat, the ex, was the first to say it. "he's different when your aunt's not around," he said after he was left to chat with him once. my brother soon followed, "how can you trust someone who makes deals with the government?" soon, my grandmother began saying her piece, even going as far as telling me, "how can you tolerate that man being your aunt?"

but when you hear your aunt tell you that she's truly happy and that he truly loves her, what's a girl to do?

i tried, believe me. i met up with him for lunch to figure out what his intentions were. i rode home to cabanatuan with him to see how he is on the road, and to talk to him some more. i even give them alone time. anything, and everything, to understand what the fascination my aunt held for this man.

but, with the sole exception of him being the handyman at home - changing the batteries, bulbs, and being my aunt's replacement driver on weekends - i do not get the fascination. not at all.

goodness, he's not even attractive.

and when he showed his true colors yesterday, when he, instead of convoying me all the way back to manila as my aunt thought he'd do, zoomed away one corner away from my aunt's home, and then had the gall to text me three hours later "i'm sorry i lost you on the drive back", well, when he did all that, he lost the only reluctant person he had in his corner.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails