Thursday, September 29, 2005

what? no vacation? ... the single thought that was running through my mind as my court of appeals justice told me that i had to report for work starting october 3.

that vacation i planned where i was going to lose my bar weight while living off my aunt and grandmother? scrapped.

that "alone time" i planned where i was supposed to purge my room, house, and life of all unnecessary things? scrapped.

those neverending mini-trips to mothership, a return trip to 168, and venturing out into tutuban mall? scrapped.

gawd. even the movie trip with mina had to be put into the backburner. all because of work.

but then i must admit that on my first day of vacation, i was bored. and i do miss my heels and office clothes. and financial independence, well, that's something i must admit i really missed.

an allowance, while regular and free, is off-putting at 28.

so, i plan to enjoy dressing up work. since the justice said jeans are okay while i wait for my uniform (i hope it never comes, it's an ugly shade of mustard that no accessory can make better!), i'm looking forward to looking un-bar-like (finally) in heels, jeans, and a nice top.

i also plan to enjoy work this time, law school being a memory. no more rushing after work to make it to class. maybe i can finally catch up on the movies i missed. or have coffee and drinks with friends. or even make another trip to 168 on this side.

whatever.

while the plan has changed, i haven't.

and the new, happy (or trying to be happy rosa) will definitely make the most out of it.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails