Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Today, this ghostwriter is evacuating, not only because I'm being ejected by Rox, but more importantly because now she can hang by herself without the bar on her back.

So this is my little note - the kind that decent house-crashers post after partying hard and accidentally splotching beer on the ceiling.

I want to thank the bar for giving me the break to make a fuss of the once-quiet and less-hype existence of Rox. I appreciate the early Sunday morning drag - waking up at dawn, driving down macapagal ave and calling her to come down from her hotel room.

Ghostwriting for Rox wasn't bad at all. There was unexpected challenge to hush on a lot of things that she wanted to keep private, like my identity and whether I'm taken. And I said yes because I didn't think those things mattered. But I took that one too lightly. My being mysterious became an issue, according to Rox. Recently, I ended up as an item in someone's wish list. And, one of her readers discovered my blog and gamely tagged me.

Fascinating.

I'm very much flattered by your curiosity and, of course, you are welcome to visit my blog from time to time. Just a tip off. Rox is jealous of the effort you're making to increase my traffic. So I won't tell if you won't. Ha ha!

Alright. No more sauntering on exits. Thanks, folks. Somehow, your interest has made her site meter numbers soaring. It's been a pleasure!

One more thing...

Now that she's human again, please give her a call (or text) and invite her out. I won't be able to do this because I'm flying out on Saturday and...blah-blah...

Sigh.

This is the part where Rox wants me to shut up. Mornings are now greeted by her persistent "Don't Go" request. Looking at the bright side, it's the only thing she's not feeble about.

Rox, you know I love you and I will miss you. Don't worry. I will stay in touch.

* * *

An hour after the bar was over...

ME: I'm proud of you.
ROSA: You know you're a big part of it.
ME: Only because you let me.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails