Tuesday, September 13, 2005

the most expensive tissue paper in MY world

being the middle class, dorm girl, UP student graduate that i am, as calvin has so succintly pointed out the other day, my body isn't at all used to airconditioning. thus, within ten minutes after having arrived in the august lecture room of the ateneo, wearing sandals and a thin shirt (it was sooo warm when i left the house!), my nose started running. at first i dealt with it by sniffing every five seconds or so. eventually, when it seemed like the lecturer was being sniffed closer to me along with the mucus, i knew it was time to get tissue paper.

armed with my coins, i made my way to the vendo machine. i daintily (haha! as if!) slipped four one-peso coins into the tiny slots, trying to make sure they don't roll off and fall onto the floor and, with all the gusto i could muster while sniffing still, turned the knob. my coins fell with a resounding clink into the inner confines of the vendo machine.

the tissue paper, however, resolutely stayed inside the machine.

now, being the UP student graduate that i am, i knew that machines like this simply need a good whack to let go of MY property. with my palm flat and my body poised to give it the best hit i can give, i slammed onto the machine hoping for it to let go.

the tissue paper did not even budge.

frantic, i started giving it smaller hits. nothing.
stronger hits. nothing.
hits worthy of manny pacquiao's winning k.o. nothing.

now, my pride was at stake here. i can either continue creating the same ruckus inside the bathroom until a security guard pulls me away from the machine or i can cough up another four bucks and, well, buy another pack of tissue paper.

either that or wipe my snot with my shirt. and, with crush-worthy men (waves at MINA!) all around me, i so know that THAT is not an option.

and so i bought another pack of tissue paper.

after blowing and sniffing and wiping my nose in general, i had just about run out of tissue again. i am down to my last piece. i'm not really ready to face the machine again. i know i can walk over the hundred meters or so to the mall and buy tissue, but i know that once i make it out of the library i may never come back until tomorrow.

*sigh*

it's four days to go before another set of bar examinations and all i can think about is tissue paper.

p.s.
shout out to my ultra mega favorite cousin anna who bought ME lovely lovely kenneth cole shoes.

*sigh*

i love you.

mwah. mwah. mwah.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails