Monday, February 09, 2004

no, we're not losers

we could've been both out to see the lights except all we had was each other's voices to keep us company.  but still, not bad for a saturday nightsaturday nights usually mean movies.

or dates.

or dinner and coffee with good friends.

or even your occasional drive off to somewhere.

except that this saturday wasn't. for the first time in weeks, i found myself on my way home at 8 p.m. no gas, no money, no nothing. not even a boyfriend to take up my time.

all i got was my brother at home and a date with the gamecube.

but surprises do come. and when they come, they make you smile, even on a lame saturday night.

i didn't recognize his voice when he called, probably cause i didn't expect him to remember my number. it led to a few seconds of him being perfectly content knowing i was at home and me feeling pretty disconcerted not knowing who was on the other end of the line. but then he said his name, and it made me smile. i said, wait, let me turn the game cube off.

we were both mutli-tasking, him tinkering with his pc and me fixing the clothes in my closet, but we had the most amazing of conversations. for a while there, it felt like the old times. we laughed, we insulted each other, we discussed other people, we shared stories, we asked favors ... if i didn't check the clock i wouldn't have known it was 2.

and then we had to say goodbye. i had to go to sleep, and he had to take a bath.

i know the time could've been spent doing something else. and i know that somehow, it felt like we were losers for not having anything better to do than do a marathon phone conversation on a saturday night.

but now, looking back, i know that there's nothing i would've loved to do more that saturday night than chat with him.

except maybe buying shoes.

or new clothes.

or a date with the boy.

but still. it's the thought that counts.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails