Sunday, February 22, 2004

all i wanted was a cheeseburger and see where it got me

it was a saturday, and saturdays are tax days.

i don't really like tax. at best i tolerate tax. it is, after all, a bar subject. six units of my law life, nothing i actually understand, is actually 1/8 of my bid at lawyer-dom. it's unfair, i know. don't even get me started on negotiable instruments law.

still, this saturday wasn't at all bad. it was one of the rare times i actually had tax cases with me on friday night, i actually attempted to be ready for class, and banking was cancelled due to jessup. tax was just a three-hour torture that i had to get through and over with and my weekend would be on its way to a glorious start.

and in less than three hours, it was over. and i realized right there and then that all i wanted was a cheeseburger. that being the case, i planned my route around the cheeseburger. i would pass by the drive-thru at mcdo katips. home would be through aurora, then left at edsa, then airport road, then home.

told my self, one hour. one hour should be good enough.

the long line at the drive-thru should have been a sign. i didn't heed it. i fell into line, waited a horrendous twenty minutes to finally get my cheeseburger meal, and consumed the damn thing in five minutes flat, fries and drinks included.

the wolfing it down part was really bad. i wasn't even in anonas when i was hungry again. yes, i waited twenty minutes to figure out whether i was hungry or not. yes i tried to resist the temptation in the form of street food. no i did not succeed. pop rice, in the middle of horrible traffic, was my friend.

by this time, it had been almost an hour since i left law. i was nowhere near my house. it didn't help that i discovered only then that it was impossible to make a left turn at edsa. i could've, except that i wanted to keep my license in my wallet where it belonged.

so i went straight ahead and found myself turning right at hemady, left at 3rd st., and left at gilmore. and what do you know, i attracted an admirer.

a spanking cherry red crv pulled up next to spike and the driver started to say something. did i cut across his lane? did i ding his bumper? did i do any of the millions of things jay specifically told me not to do while driving.

apparently, i did none. it turned out that he found me cute and wanted to know my name and number, and he wanted to be friends.

smooth. real smooth.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails