Tuesday, October 25, 2005

while there's a huge part of me that wants to ask satan to reserve a special place in hell for all my ex-boyfriends, there are times when you realize that not all ex-boyfriends are evil enough to deserve such fate.

some even deserve that special little corner in heaven for simply being your constant guardian angel, notwithstanding the fact that you broke their heart and was the bitch from hell the entire time you were together.

so, even if i know that the martian will never ever read this blog, a big shout out to him, and a big thank you with hugs and kisses, for sending that lovely SMS yesterday offering me an unlimited LRT pass when he found out that i've begun commuting to work. he may be married, and he may have a kid now, but i know deep in my heart that if i were to find myself in the driving rain with a smashed radiator, angry men in a pick-up, and quivering from a major car accident (like i did two and a half years ago), he'll still be the first person i'll call up because he's the most dependable person i know.

i know i never said it enough while we were together, and i know i didn't even do enough to make you feel it, you are the best. and thank you for continuing to be my guardian angel up to this day.

-oOo-


incidentally, one day my dad asked how i was and too lazy to type out the story of my life on ym, i gave him the link to my blog.

ok. so i may be one of the few people in the world who actually told her dad about her blog. i thought he'd read one entry, or two, or three at the most, but before i knew it, he tells me he's reading the entire of october and will be back to go through my archives.

there's a bit of fear at the pit of my stomach, fear that he may not like the daughter he left back home in manila, or that he may realize he knows so little of me. there's a fear that i said something that might incriminate me in the future, or said something that's going to send him packing, make him board a plane, and guard my sassy little ass till he believes i'm old enough to date.

but i don't care.

my dad paid me one of those rare compliments that means the world to me. he thinks i write well.

and on a hot october evening, fighting sleep and dreading having to wake up early the next day, a compliment like that will mean the whole world to you.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails