Sunday, October 30, 2005

here i was thinking that i was oh-so-ready for the husband and kids kind of life, until i spent two weekends with my niece and nephews and by the second weekend, i was ready to lock myself in my aunt's room and not come out until twelve hours later.

wait, that was exactly what i did.

four chattering kids, two of which follow me like i'm the pied piper or something. yesterday, they wanted to go online when i was online, sing videoke when i was singing, and well, eat whatever it was that i was eating.

was i tempted to take in sleeping pills to make them sleep? hell yes. i'm an evil aunt i know.

anyway, the house is quiet once more. my only girl cousin (the mom of the four kids) was picked up by my uncle and aunt and other cousin. they're on their way back to laguna. the maids are busy cleaning up the house, throwing all the sheets and what not in the wash, and making sure that everything's back in order. once more, i'm the only guest (oh wait, my aunt's boyfriend is here too) here. i've one of the guest rooms all to myself, the pc and internet all to myself, and the food, yes the food all to myself.

including a galon of cheese and cashew ice cream.

apparently, i don't need a self-help book to help me get over my single status. nor do i need a posse of giggling girlfriends helping me look for the next good catch. i don't need retail therapy or a day at the spa or anything. all i need is two weekends with chattering, noisy, drooling, pooping, shouting, and crazy kids and i am so ready to face another year of being single.

give me another year to enjoy my shoes and bags, single life and dating, watching tv in peace and quiet. maybe when i hit 29, i can think about it again.

but for now, i can do away with the smelly pampers, thank you very much.

(although i do love my inaanak, iya, so much. thank goodnes she's beginning to bloom into this pretty, self-sufficient, and i-won't-take-shit-from-anyone kind of girl. exactly like her ninang.)

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails