Wednesday, October 05, 2005

i <3 the court of appeals.

i <3 using my brain every single day to draft decisions, resolutions, and what-nots.

i <3 my justice who actually reads every single line of my drafts, corrects them, and passes them on to the stenographer without making a big deal out of the little mistakes that i made.

i <3 being allowed to arrive at 8:30 and to leave at 4:30 ... not because i'm sneaking out but simply because those are the working hours.

i <3 the freedom my justice gives us, by just giving us deadlines instead of looking over our shoulders every single minute making sure we churn out decisions every single minute of the day.

i <3 the people in the staff, the lawyers, clerks, and stenographer who have been all so nice to me and my friend.

i <3 the fact that i can now ride the fx to work (my dream for the longest time, i don't know why) or the bus and not need to drive to get to work comfortably.

i <3 the fact that i don't have to rush off to somewhere - which is basically what i have been doing since i graduated from college, first because of my MA classes, then because of law school, then because of the bar - and be able to finally sit down in coffee places and chat with friends OR just walk around the mall OR even just lie down on my bed and finish book after book.

but, i still do NOT <3 the uniforms.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails