Tuesday, December 16, 2008

an open letter to the north pole

dear santa,

you know i've been good.

at least, as good as i could've been under the circumstances.

and since i've been pretty good, here's a list of the things i want this christmas. after all, with traffic being the ways it is nowadays (which may not really be your problem given rudolph and the gang) and the crowd that gathers outside mall doors as early as 9:30 a.m., i truly believe that making a list will make life so much easier for you.

here goes.

  1. a new laptop. i know i asked for this a couple of years back and my dad generously sent me the one he was using. but, see, the laptop just had to start dying on me. recently, i've been forced to lug it around with a full keyboard since some of the keys simply refuse to come alive no matter how much i've tried to revive them. a mac would be nice or one of those cool pink-colored notebooks. i'm not much of a techie so anything that: (1) gets me on the net, (2) allows me to play my games, (3) has windows and ms office, and (4) can be easily brought around - will suffice.
  2. a new camera. my old camera (1) destroys batteries (2) stops taking pictures in the most inopportune times and (3) refuses to work. i'm not going to pretend that i want one of those nikon thing-a-ma-jigs because, honestly, i wouldn't know what to do with all those features, and squinting while looking through the viewfinder isn't really my thing. all i want is the pink one that sony came out with (the one which automatically takes pictures when the subject/s smile). or something similar. all it has to do is take pictures ... and not die while doing it.
  3. a flat screen tv. it seems like the coolest thing to have. everyone has a nice tv. a plasma tv. or an lcd tv. or any kick-ass tv for that matter. my tv i've had since 1990. promise. clearly i've taken really good care of it. maybe its time to reward me with a new one?
  4. visa + airplane tickets + shopping money. my entire family - including my extended family - on both sides, plus my parents, plus one of my best friends, are all somewhere in north america. don't you think i deserve a white christmas too?
clearly, santa, i want big ticket items. but with the recession and all that, i'd understand if you'd want to go small this year. so maybe you'd consider any of the following instead:

  1. a planner i can use for work.
  2. a calendar with a page i can tear off each day.
  3. a portfolio bag where i can put files when i bring work home
  4. lots and lots and lots of sign pens for writing notes
  5. mont blanc refill
  6. a gift certificate for a day at the spa
  7. new sheets for my bed
still, sometimes, it's not the gift that counts but the thought, right? so maybe a couple of services would be nice, like:
  1. someone to help me clean the house
  2. a friend who can change the light switch in the kitchen to make it work again
  3. a plumber to fix all of my plumbing issues
  4. a gardener
  5. a pleading writer to finish all the stuff i have to finish before the end of the year.
and if none of these things tickle your fancy, well, any good old thing will do i'm the easiest girl in the world to please.

love,

rosa

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails