Monday, February 19, 2007

don't you dare rain on my parade!

because while you have every right not to agree to last weekend's purchase, i don't think you have earned the right to judge me for buying what i bought. i don't think you know me well enough to have said, "rosa, you need a lifestyle check" not once, not twice, but at least three times in the course of one afternoon.

because if you did, you'd know that i commute most days of the week to save up on gas and car maintenance. you'd also know that i try to save as much as i can on food and that i do my own laundry and iron my own clothes. you'd know that i don't use other bank's atm's to save up on the P10 they charge you with. you'd know that i buy my groceries at pure gold cause it's cheaper there and that i've enrolled all my bills in my atm so i don't have to spend money on cheques. you'd know that i'm pretty good at keeping my electricity, water, and cellphone bills down. you'd also know that i sent myself to graduate school on scholarship and to law school with minimal help from my family and that i have been working on odd jobs since i was in high school for extra money.

so if i choose to spend that much money on a pair of shoes, bugger off. as long as the money didn't come from your pocket, and as long as i can fulfill all my obligations and as long as i'm working my ass off every single day of the work week, i do not think you have the right to tell me i ought to check my lifestyle.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails