Friday, April 13, 2012

collect moments, not things


a long time ago, right after i sort of regretted picking the mini lin over the monogram, i told myself that i'll get myself a monogram speedy 35 when i turn 35.

that was last march. so far, i don't see any additional louis in my closet.

i did surprise myself by taking an almost impromptu trip to singapore. i hadn't really budgeted for it, and most of my good friends didn't even know about it. but when i'm tired or stressed or lost, i think of the weekend i spent walking around the city with my cousin, the sunday riding coasters with a friend, or the saturday night i met up again with a friend i used to spend hours talking to and i know in my heart that while a speedy 35 would look insanely amazing on my arm, not getting one isn't something that's going to haunt me on my death bed.

so last weekend i was able to go up mayon volcano. and while i didn't get to swim with the butandings, i did give it two tries. the money i spent could've gone towards renovating the master's bedroom + bath, but i had fun, got to know my friends a bit more, and chalked up another city on my list.

as someone living on a single income, and someone still trying to figure out what exactly it means to be an adult, there money that comes every payday can only be stretched so much. oh i won't deny how much i want to buy those platform pumps at payless, but for now, between the pumps i've been eyeing for more than a month now and treating my boss + secretary on account of my regularization, i think i'll opt for the latter for now.

experiences before things. yes, that's my motto for now. and maybe, just maybe, by the time i have extra money for those platform pumps, they'll be on sale :)

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails