Monday, April 26, 2004

Vacations are tricky.

They're especially trickier if you believed that you can actually take a leave from work, accomplish stuff while at home, and come to work once a week with a bunch of stuff you've accomplished. Why? Because only a real superwoman can do something like that. Mere mortals like me succumb to sleeping, eating, Animal Crossing, television, dates, and going out of town.

And I've come to realize that I'm actually good at all five.

My daily routine has been reduced to waking up at 7 a.m., watching television until my eyes hurt, playing Animal Crossing until my butt and fingers hurt, eating fried food until my tummy hurts, then going back to bed to sleep until my head hurts. Once in a while, I manage to fit into my non-sleeping clothes to go out on dates with the pilot and when the aunt beckons, I join her in her out of town jaunts.

That's how I've been reduced to a sloth.

Not good, not good at all.

But, being the positive thinker that I am, I may be able to salvage the rest of my vacation just yet.

See, I've got a month left to go. And if some burst of responsible energy comes my way, then I may be able to finally do what I have got to do.

Not. :-)

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails