Monday, December 08, 2003

alone again, naturally

the gods of twenty-somethings-in-a-relationship all conspired against me and decided to make me misrable by taking my boyfriend away from me this weekend. maybe it wasn't enough that he's all the way there and i'm all the way here. maybe it would be so much better if they didn't see each other the entire weekend.

saturday was a bit manageable. two things that helped were the fact that i barely had two hours of sleep (not to mention the couple of minutes of sleep i accidentaly got while listening to my banking teacher) and my aunt invited us over to spend the night at dusit with her. feather pillows + king sized bed + airconditioning + no boyfriend = sleeping in on saturday night.

sunday was a bit tougher. after i had dealt with my laundry, i had the entire day to myself. of course i could always check journals or prepare for my class or work on thesis revisions but that would be no good, right? so i settled myself in bed with a bowl of instant pancit canton and a bottle of water and started channel surfing. i got my dose of meteor garden II rewind, fell asleep while watching csi miami, and satisfied my inner jologs with berks and the buzz. it should've been okay until the urge to go out bit me.

maybe i enjoyed being alone too much. i went around southmall thinking, hey, this is one thing i can do when the boy isn't around. i wandered aimlessly. i tried on shoes and clothes and modeled bags slung on my shoulders or arms and enjoyed NOT having to buy christmas gifts (at least not yet). i had a fat slice of brazo de mercedes while leafing through magazines. then i contemplated on watching a movie alone.
that's more than a hundred kilometers away!

i SMSd asking for permission. i got an almost furious call in return telling me:
(1) what the hell was i thinking.
(2) what the hell was i thinking.
(3) what the hell was i thinking.

clearly the answer was NO.

so i did what any self-respecting girl would do.

i got a pedicure. i tried on shoes. i bought shoes. i bought jeans. i bought another pair of jeans and a top. i bought another top. and i ate pizza.

it was so legally blonde. the only thing missing was a dog.

i realized i enjoyed MY company. i liked the fact that i didn't have to talk when i didn't want to, and if i did, there's always the phone. i liked the fact that i had to trust my own taste and judgment in selecting stuff. i liked that i could leave whenever i wanted to leave and stay as late as i wanted (as long as the mall didn't close yet).

so alone isn't so bad, once in a while.

just don't let it be all the time.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails