Thursday, November 27, 2003

i know the closest i'll get to having turkey today would be me eating chicken and pretending it's a much bigger bird, but then it shouldn't really matter.

it's thanksgiving, and there's so much to be thankful about.

i'm thankful that 13th month pay came way earlier than expected, together with the end-of-the-month paycheck and so i got to blow money on stuff that i couldn't afford in the first place. call it my christmas gift to myself. a WAY too early christmas gift that i don't really deserve, being the lazy thesis writer that i am. the only reason why i went to the mall was to get shampoo and soap and i came out with this and yet another pair of sandals.

i'm thankful that my mom got the job she wanted and is generally happier than usual. i've been a very evil kid for not writing to her. i guess i'm stressed with being the adult all the time, telling her to cool down and calm down and just enjoy life.

i'm thankful that i got to FINALLY run walk the academic oval last night. i've been meaning to get some sort of exercise done (together with wearing weekend shoes which give me some height, this is one of the major requests of the boyfriend) and i've been eyeing the oval as something cheap and manageable. i used to run it like crazy in second year college when i was forced to take running for PE but although i've been back in UP since 2000, i haven't set my rubbershoes-clad feet on them. that all changed last night. i dropped off my shopping bags in the dorm, changed into shorts and running shoes, and went out into the cold air before i could change my mind.

i'm thankful that i got a second chance on a lot of things -- my thesis, my love life, my driving, my friendships. tuesday night saw me bonding with a couple of people i haven't gone out with for a while. spike's also finally fixed (save for a small scratch on the bumper which will have to be taken cared of by GM Autoworld). the new thesis adviser is way better than the other one and i'd like to think we're making a lot of progress already. and of course, in spite of the many mistakes that are listed in my relationship diary, i guess i've found the one this time around.

-oOo-


i am NOT thankful though that FPJ is running.

-oOo-


happy birthday specpro classmate. one day too early!

i know it's around this time of the year -- i got reminded cause of the news that it's ninoy's birthday today.

thanks for always being around.

thanks for being there for my first recitation in labor one which i screwed up terrible cause i didn't read the case simply because it was in spanish (and it was, save for a few paragraphs which i should have read, screw it). thanks for spending my birthday eve with me once when i was feeling really bummed over the fact that i was turning 25 in a couple of hours and i was alone. thanks for all the wonderful conversations we used to have over the phone during vacation. and you might find this weird, but the highlight of the conversation would always have to be me hearing you say palihog over the phone.

i can't imagine how law school would be after you graduate this march.

happy birthday, and based on your friendster profile, i guess you got back together with her again. happy, isn't it.

all the best, my dear beloved specpro classmate.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails