Sunday, June 25, 2006

the perfect weekend means finding the perfect pair of shoes to match a lovely gown

for more than half a year, I've been searching for the perfect pair of shoes to go with my pomelo pink gown for anna's wedding.

one pair that would've been perfect was too expensive. another one looked too much like "palara". there was this one pair that was my "default pair" - meaning in the event i can't find anything else i'd buy it to end the search - but every time i felt like giving up already, i couldn't bring myself to do it.

somehow, at the back of my mind, i was probably envisioning my prince charming slipping that garter up my leg and seeing my feet clad in less than perfect shoes. for a shoe-obsessed girl, that would be a definite no-no.

and so everytime there was a sale, i'd go around the mall looking for the perfect pair. and everytime there wasn't, i'd go around the mall looking for one still. it came to the point that i was ready to buy this cheap pair of silver shoes as my "emergency pair" - just in case i never get to buy one and it's her wedding before i know it.

but, patience is a virtue and for the first time, i tried to be patient (7 months, baby!) and prudent (don't buy something i actually won't wear) and smart (try on every single pair even if you don't really like it) and i was rewarded.

i got the perfect pair. it matched my gown, it fit me perfectly, and it cost around four grande glasses of chocolate cream frappuccino only.

0 said hello!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails